How to Promote Your WordPress Theme
I’ve recently created a Developers WordPress Theme and I searched how to promote it
Here’s a list of website where you can promote your wp theme:
It requires registration before submission. By hosting your wp theme there you’ll get:
- Stats on how many times your theme has been downloaded.
- User feed back in the forums.
- Ratings, to see how your theme is doing compared to others.
Submit URL: http://www.bloggingthemes.com/themeUpload.php
3. WP Themes Free.com – a wp theme directory where you can upload your wp theme without registration
Submit URL: http://www.wpthemesfree.com/upload.php
4. Themes Base.com – a directory for Templates and Theme (e107, Joomla, phpBB, WordPress, etc.) where you can submit your wp theme. It requires registration. To submit your theme, visit your profile page. Also, your Theme’s screenshot must be only in jpeg format with resolution larger than 300 x 200.
5. JohnTP.com – a WordPress oriented blog, where you can submit info about your wp theme.
Submit URL: http://www.johntp.com/wp-skins/
To submit your theme, you should leave a comment with info about your wp theme. Your comment should be in the format:
Name of Theme: <theme-name>
Theme page: <theme-url>
Type of Theme: <2 Column>
Submit URL: http://www.bgthemes.com/upload.php
7. Templates-Free.com – wordpress themes directory.
Submit URL: http://www.wordpressthemebase.com/upload.html
9. WPTMP.com – WordPress Themes Archive
Submit URL: http://www.wptmp.com/add/
Submit URL: http://www.wpskins.org/submit-theme.php
Other ways how to promote your WordPress Theme
- Write a blog post or article describing your wp theme. You can view my blog post about my wordpress theme HERE.
- Submit your WP Theme Article in Social Bookmarking Sites.
- Present your WordPress Theme in forums for webmaster and designers.
- Create a ‘Rate Me’ poll, asking people to rate your WordPress Theme, Example HERE.